2.5.1 Introduction – What is a maintenance request?
Depending upon your site’s by-laws, residents may be able to report problems at their properties (e.g. leaking pipes, broken or jammed locks etc.) with the expectation that building management would take care of such issues. MYBOS Community Portal facilitates this reporting through maintenance requests. While it allows residents to report any problem, it also allows the building manager to either approve or reject the request (in view of the by-laws specific to the site). When you approve a request, it is converted into a case. If you reject a request, you can also communicate the reason for doing so.
2.5.2 How to find and approve or reject new maintenance requests?
If your community portal is activated, your community members can generate online maintenance requests through the portal. It is the building manager’s job to evaluate such requests and decide whether to approve or reject it. There are
two ways to check if there are any pending maintenance requests, shown as follows:
1. In the dashboard, scan through the list in the ‘Items Requiring Action’ tile. Click on the row titled ‘Maintenance Requests’ to view pending requests.
2. Click the (red and round) community button at the top menu bar. The community dashboard will open. Click the ‘Maintenance requests’ tab. Any pending maintenance requests will be displayed in a table format. By default, the system shows only the new/pending requests. You can use the filter button just above the table to see Approved or Rejected requests.
3. Click on a request row in the table to view its details.
4. You can either approve or reject a request:
4.1 Click the ‘Approve’ button above the request details. The system will convert the maintenance request into a case. See the Cases section for details.
4.2 Click the ‘Reject’ button. A dialog will appear asking for the reason for rejection. Enter the grounds for rejection and press the Submit button. The resident will be notified of the reason for rejection.
2.5.3 How to search for previously approved or rejected requests?
1. Click the (red and round) community button at the top menu bar. The community dashboard will open.
2. Click the ‘Maintenance requests’ tab. Any pending maintenance requests will be displayed in a table format.
3. By default, the system shows only the new/pending requests. You can use the filter button just above the table to see Approved or Rejected requests.
4. You can also search for a specific request by the resident name or apartment number. Please note that the search is limited to the filter applied. You cannot search for, say approved requests, if the filter is set to ‘New Maintenance Requests’ or ‘Rejected Requests’.